Facility Closing and Virtual Connection Statement, Adopted 11/18/2020
- We anticipate that we will remain a virtual congregation for an undetermined amount of time. The Board will periodically review the CDC and SCDHEC guidelines to determine a future opening date. Our virtual connection via Zoom has been extended way beyond our Sunday Services to include everything from our discussion group, The Forum, to social gatherings such as Zappy Hour. We created new small virtual groups for all ages that will keep us in beloved community until we can meet in person again.
- For now, we will have no gatherings in our building or on our grounds.
- When meeting in-person, UUCC committees and program groups may hold or sponsor only offsite gatherings held outdoors. The Committee Chair or other leader will not sponsor any event in which participation exceeds the maximum number of attendees allowed by law or recommended by SCDHEC. Proper social distancing will be maintained as recommended by SCDHEC at the time of the event. Masks must be worn at all gatherings; use of sanitizer is recommended.
- Any person who is ill or who has tested positive for Covid should not attend any in-person gathering until a physician has cleared them as no longer in danger of infecting others. Anyone who attends a UUCC offsite event and is later diagnosed as having Covid should notify the UUCC Administrator.
- Our Caring Committee will continue to meet every month to consider those in our Congregregation who need special care and consideration from the Committee or Rev. Robinson.