Facility Closing and Virtual Connection Statement
- We anticipate that we will remain a virtual congregation through the remainder of this calendar year. Our virtual connection via Zoom will be extended way beyond our Sunday Services to include everything from our discussion group, The Forum, to social gatherings such as Zappy Hour. We also plan to create new small virtual groups for all ages that will keep us in beloved community until we can meet in person again.
- We will explore the possibility of limited in-person gatherings should we determine both that this is a possibility and that we can implement an adequate approach to cleaning our building to support such activities. For now, we will have no gatherings in our building or on our grounds.
- In October the Board will consider plans for reopening in January. Should we determine there is an opportunity prior to that time, we will certainly move to expedite our reopening. Should we determine that further delay is necessary, we will communicate accordingly.
- The Board will investigate the possibility of forming a “tech squad” to work with anyone who finds technology such as ZOOM a barrier to attending our virtual services and classes. And, we will continue to work to be as creative as possible in our virtual programming.
- Our Caring Committee will continue to meet every month to consider those in our Congregation who need special care and consideration from the Committee or Rev. Robinson.