This Week in CYRE:
t’s here! It’s finally here! This Sunday, September 5, 2021, will be our first day of CYRE classes for the 2021-2022 school year! We have some wonderful things to think about, talk about, and do together, so please join us – we hope to see YOU there!
Tentatively, and subject to change as circumstances dictate, here are our plans:
- Pre-K will enjoy some reading selections from the CYRE bookshelf, including Dr. Seuss and perhaps some of his friends
- K-2nd grade will be introduced to our classic Spirit Play curriculum.
- 3rd through 5th graders will learn a lot from our Spirit of Adventure curriculum, which is packed with action and even a little education.
- Middle School students this year will continue to explore religions of the world, this year turning to the East for inspiration.
- And finally, our High School students will be learning all about Small Group Ministries, and the importance of service in the community (“deeds, not creeds”).
In case I have failed to mention, we could still use a few volunteers to help us in the classrooms as teachers, to assist on Free Play Days, and to watch over any little ones who may be in our nursery. Please speak to Scott or Mckenzie if you would like to take advantage of this limited time offer.
As always, the CYRE embraces the “deeds not creeds” motto of the UU, so students will have opportunities throughout the year to join in with Social Action activities in our community if they wish to do so.
- Next CYRE Committee Meeting: Tuesday, Sept 21st at 7pm. Contact email@example.com for information.
Please email Scott Sargent at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We look forward to seeing YOU!
- For information about group activities in Children and Youth Religious Education contact our Religious Education Youth Ministeries Assistant at email@example.com.
UU Faith Lab for High School Aged Unitarian Universalist
UU Faith Lab is a chance for UU youth to explore spiritual leadership from wherever they are, and experiment with mystery and wonder in their own context. The FaithLab community will gather just after the summer solstice, meet monthly around the full moons, and reunite on the fall equinox. Small groups will gather in between to delve more deeply into community care. Learn more, request information, and register here.
Blessing of the Animals, Sunday, October 17, 3pm
Bring all your furry and feathered friends to UUCC for a special service and blessing by Rev. Stephen Robinson. The Blessing will be held outside on the Heyward St. side of our grounds. Due to the pandemic, we will not be serving snacks or drinks for humans. We will, however, have bowls of water for pets who get thirsty. Don’t forget a mask for yourself and a leash or crate for your pet. Sponsored by the UUCC Animal Ministry. Contact: Linda Brennison
For more info on what’s happening at UUCC, check out our calendar.
Register for CYRE here.
Please print the form, complete and mail to:
2701 Heyward Street
Columbia SC 29205