Evensong for Families Begins Tuesday, June 26
What family rituals did you follow as a child that helped shaped who you are today? What types of rituals are used by UU families to help us raise children who are aware of and practicing their values and beliefs? If you would like to be part of a small group of families exploring these questions while forming bonds with other UUCC families, please sign up for the Evensong program for families. We will meet six evenings to explore and discover more about family sharing and to bond with other UUCC families. Class dates are the following Tuesdays: June 26, July 3, July 17, July 24 , July 31 and end on Tuesday August 7. Classes are from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. and ALL family members are encouraged to attend. To sign up and for more information, please see the sign-up sheet on the CYRE table in the Social Hall.
UUCC Is a Family Church
- A time for the gathering of our church family.
- A set-apart time to consider things of worth and value.
- A time to come home to ourselves.
Children and Youth:
- Are full, important members of our faith community.
- If you have a nursing infant or toddler or an infant or toddler who simply needs to be with you, they are equally welcome in our service. We also have a nursery if you need it.
- You and your family are important & welcome here.
Children in Church
- Each Sunday children attend the first part of the service and sit with their families while we enjoy “A Time for All Ages” — a story, a reading, or an activity with a multi-generational appeal. Children are sung out to their classes with their teachers after this part of the service.
- Several times a year, children and their parents enjoy Multi-generational Services together in the sanctuary. At any time children and youth are welcome to attend the entire worship service with their family.
- The Children & Youth Religious Exploration Programs address UU principles and purposes, our Jewish and Christian Heritage, Peace, Social Justice, the Interdependent Web of existence, World Religions, and Personal Spiritual Growth and Development.
Children and youth are encouraged to dress to have a good, and possibly messy, time.
Register here for CYRE.
Please print the form, complete and mail to:
2701 Heyward Street
Columbia SC 29205