Governance and Organization
The Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Columbia is a self-governing, democratic congregation of Members that are governed by congregational Bylaws. The Congregation gathers for its annual meeting each year in late spring.
The Board of Trustees, our elected leaders, represents the Congregation and conducts its business, subject to the authority granted under its Bylaws. The Board governs through Board policies and acts on behalf of the Congregation’s mission.
Descriptions of the Board Positions:
The main issues of governance are reserved for the Congregation including approving church Bylaws, electing the Board of Trustees, adopting the Church budget, and the call of a Minister. The Congregation also elects members to serve on its committees:
Board of Trustees
A policy–making Board, through planning, responsible management of resources, adopting policies, establishing committee expectations and monitoring performance, governs the UUCC.
The Board holds its business meetings on the third Wednesday of each month at 6:30PM in the Social Hall. Members and friends are welcome to attend.
Board Meeting Minutes
- Annual Meeting June 2, 2019
- Annual Meeting June 4, 2018
- Annual Meeting May 22 2016
- Annual Meeting June 7 2015
- Congregational Meeting Minutes January 11, 2015
- Annual Meeting Minutes June 15, 2014
- Committee and Minister Reports 2019-2020
- President’s Report June 2020
- President’s Report June 2018
- Presidents Report June 2017
- Presidents Report 2015
- UUCC Policy Manual
- POLICY ON POLICIES
- POLICY ON SHARE THE PLATE
- POLICY ON UUCC NEWSLETTER
- POLICY ON CHURCH-SPONSORED EVENTS
- POLICY ON FUNDRAISERS
- POLICY ON DONATIONS (NON-MONETARY, IN-KIND)
- FINANCIAL POLICIES AND PROCEDURES MANUAL
- SAFE CONGREGATION POLICIES & PROCEDURES, includes Disruptive Behavior
- SAFETY POLICIES & PROCEDURES FOR CHILDREN & YOUTH SERVED