Youth serving the community at “Food Not Bombs.”
Stay tuned to this station for announcements about summer educational opportunities. For more information, please contact Scott Sargent, DRE, at firstname.lastname@example.org
This Week in CYRE:
Next Sunday (June 27, 2021) the CYRE will meet at Woodland Park at 6500 Olde Knight Parkway, just behind the VA hospital (about 5 miles from the UUCC).
We will meet at 3:00 pm in the parking lot near the community center, where restrooms and vending machines are located. After everyone has checked in, we will spend some time viewing and discussing:
- the mural of SC Civil Rights icon Sarah Mae Flemming,
- the recent designation of Juneteenth as a Federal holiday,
- continuing efforts at voter suppression apparently aimed at communities of color, and
- the Black Lives Matter movement.
Of course there will be time to enjoy nature and the fellowship of our CYRE-mates.
The usual RULES apply:
- Face masks must be worn inside and outside, and social distancing practiced,
- Food and beverage may not be shared,
- All attendees must sign in before the event and report any symptoms of possible illness.
This event will end at 5:00 pm, so any students dropped off earlier must be retrieved by that time.
After the event has ended, an informal, non-UUCC-sanctioned group will be making the journey to the Rosewood Dairy Barn to discuss the day’s events, discuss CYRE plans for the rest of the summer, and possibly spoil some appetites for supper.
This event should be of greater interest to Middle School and High School students, but all students, teachers, parents and family members are welcome, but must agree to strictly adhere to the RULES.
Please RSVP with me or with Mckenzie Scott prior to the event.
We look forward to seeing YOU there!
UU Faith Lab for High School Aged Unitarian Universalist
UU Faith Lab is a chance for UU youth to explore spiritual leadership from wherever they are, and experiment with mystery and wonder in their own context. The FaithLab community will gather just after the summer solstice, meet monthly around the full moons, and reunite on the fall equinox. Small groups will gather in between to delve more deeply into community care. Learn more, request information, and register here.
- Youth Group: Meets online – dates to be announced. Contact our Religious Education Youth Ministeries Assistant at email@example.com.
- Next CYRE Committee Meeting: Wednesday, TBD
Please email Scott Sargent at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We look forward to seeing YOU in CYRE classes!
- For information about online group activities in Children and Youth Religious Education contact our Religious Education Youth Ministeries Assistant at email@example.com.
CYRE Committee meets the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
UUCC Fall Retreat, Save the Dates!
With normalcy slowly returning, we want to make sure you put our UUCC Fall Retreat on your calendars. For you newcomers, our Southeastern UU region purchased a camp and conference center about 40 years ago near Highlands, NC, and named it The Mountain Retreat and Learning Center. The UUCC has had a long-time tradition of enjoying a weekend retreat at The Mountain as a congregation. This year our weekend will be Friday, September 17, through Sunday, September 19. You will be hearing more about this in future publications so watch this space for more information to whet your appetite. Please contact Joan Watterson with any questions at email@example.com
For more info on what’s happening at UUCC, check out our calendar.
Register for CYRE here.
Please print the form, complete and mail to:
2701 Heyward Street