Stay tuned to this station for announcements about summer educational opportunities. For more information, please contact Scott Sargent, DRE, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Next Sunday (June 27, 2021) the CYRE will meet at Woodland Park at 6500 Olde Knight Parkway, just behind the VA hospital (about 5 miles from the UUCC).
We will meet at 3:00 pm in the parking lot near the community center, where restrooms and vending machines are located. After everyone has checked in, we will spend some time viewing and discussing:
- the mural of SC Civil Rights icon Sarah Mae Flemming,
- the recent designation of Juneteenth as a Federal holiday,
- continuing efforts at voter suppression apparently aimed at communities of color, and
- the Black Lives Matter movement.
Of course there will be time to enjoy nature and the fellowship of our CYRE-mates.
The usual RULES apply:
- Face masks must be worn inside and outside, and social distancing practiced,
- Food and beverage may not be shared,
- All attendees must sign in before the event and report any symptoms of possible illness.
This event will end at 5:00 pm, so any students dropped off earlier must be retrieved by that time.
After the event has ended, an informal, non-UUCC-sanctioned group will be making the journey to the Rosewood Dairy Barn to discuss the day’s events, discuss CYRE plans for the rest of the summer, and possibly spoil some appetites for supper.
This event should be of greater interest to Middle School and High School students, but all students, teachers, parents and family members are welcome, but must agree to strictly adhere to the RULES.
Please RSVP with me or with Mckenzie Scott prior to the event.
We look forward to seeing YOU there!
- If your student wishes to participate, please print and complete a registration form and submit to Scott Sargent via “snail mail” to UUCC, 2701 Heyward Street, Columbia SC 29205.
Please email Scott Sargent at email@example.com if you have questions. We look forward to seeing YOU in CYRE classes!
- For information about online group activities in Children and Youth Religious Education contact our Religious Education Youth Ministeries Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org.