Message from the Leadership Development Committee (LDC)
Congregation Volunteer Survey
The LCD is looking for candidates for volunteer leadership and general positions within the congregation. We need your help filling in those positions, and stepping up to do some of the work that needs to be done so we can continue to provide the members of our congregation with the activities, events and opportunities for enrichment that we currently enjoy.
WE WANT YOU TO SERVE YOUR CONGREGATION TODAY!!!
Positions are available for anybody who is an active member of the congregation. If you have already served in a leadership position, we will appreciate the expertise you gained from previous experiences, and if you are new to our congregation, we need your new talent and energy.
There are many positions that need to be filled: Board of Trustees, Chairs of committees, Members at large of committees. Please complete the survey found below to let us know if you are interested in any particular areas so we can contact you and see if we can match you with positions that may be available.
If you are interested to serve in any of the positions, we are willing to help you find where your talent is most needed. The LDC recommends to take advantage of the following resources that should help you have a better idea of what it takes to participate and volunteer in the congregation.
We are going to organize a committee fair in the spring of 2020 where the board members, chairs and members of each committee will be available to answer specific questions of what they do and how you can help serve in those committees.
The UUA (Unitarian Universalist Association) website has resources and tools to help you better understand the skills needed to manage and run some of the committees. You can watch videos or read about those tools and get additional information to make you a better leader or volunteer at our congregation.
Use this link to connect to the resources: https://www.uua.org/leadership
CONGREGATION VOLUNTEER SURVEY
Email or phone for follow up: ____________________________________________________________
I am a:
- Member of the congregation 🔲
- Friend of the congregation 🔲
I am interested in:
- General leadership positions: Board of Trustees, chairs of committees. 🔲
- Only members (not friends) can be selected for these positions
- It is strongly recommended but not mandatory that you have basic knowledge of email, word processing programs and digital communication tools (texting, skyping, Gotomeeting, etc)
- I have interest and/or talent in the following areas:
- Greet and talk to others and make them feel welcome 🔲
- Organizing things and serve in the kitchen 🔲
- Caring for members of the congregation in need 🔲
- Teach or assist teaching children and youth 🔲
- Organize religious and spiritual learning opportunities for adults 🔲
- Fix or improve anything: building, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, etc 🔲
- Gardening 🔲
- Social action 🔲
- Advertising, social media, web publishing 🔲
- Environmental issues 🔲
- Staff management, policy writing and review 🔲
- Assist and organize worship services 🔲
- Support animal rights and activities (except eating them) 🔲
- Fundraising and community building with sister church in Transylvania
- Special interests’ groups: Young adults, Young families, LGBTQ, sports, games, outdoor activities 🔲 (list it/them here)______________________________________________
AFTER COMPLETING THE SURVEY, please mail to 701 Heyward St., Columbia, SC, 29202.