UUCC Nursery Associate Position Description
To provide dependable, safe, secure, and nurturing care to children, ages 0-4 years, while at the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Columbia, to provide a safe, clean. welcoming, and nurturing environment for the children, and to support those assisting in the nursery.
- Responsible for providing age-appropriate care which may include: feeding, changing diapers, escorting to the bathroom, maintaining a safe environment, putting children down for naps, holding, or sitting with and cheerfully interacting with children through games, stories, and play.
- Be welcoming, polite, friendly, and courteous to all children, parents, and
- Child care hours worked are Sunday mornings from 10:30 AM-12:30 PM on a regular basis with the possibility of working more hours for special meetings, etc. At the beginning of every shift, workers are expected to check in with the Director of Religious Exploration.
- Notify Director of Religious Exploration of any special needs of children served.
- Notify Director of Religious Exploration of any new children registered that day.
- Stay until the children are secured with a responsible adult named on the child’s registration
- In the event of an emergency notify the parent via cell phone and the Director of Religious Exploration.
- Straighten the room and clean any toys before
- Attend an evaluation after a 90-day probationary period and thereafter
- Report to the church staff any issues which are hindering the facilitation of duties or responsibilities of this
- Communicate in advance, by phone to Director of Religious Education: 1) any planned absences with an advance of at least two weeks 2) any unplanned absences at least two hours prior to nursery
- Provide supervision for all necessary nursery personnel
- recording the time of arrival and departure of nursery workers
- ensuring the implementation of the UUCC Safety Policies and Procedures
- notifying the DRE if there is tardiness or an inability of the nursery worker to perform their duties
- Launder nursery towels and sheets as needed
- Attend Children and Youth Religious Exploration trainings
- Substitute in any vacant CYRE assistant positions if there are no children in childcare.
- Submit, via email, requests for more snacks, diapers, wipes, and other necessary supplies
- Supervise the playground during the school year
- Provide childcare as required for special UUCC events and meetings for children ages 0 to 12
- Successfully complete a child/baby CPR/First Aid course provided by the American Red Cross
- Report to the DRE any needs for improvement of nursery staff
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The UUCC will provide the Nursery Supervisor with a salary of $12.00 per hour, payable twice a month. Hours are to be shared with DRE and Administrator.
The terms of this agreement will remain in effect until either the Nursery Supervisor resigns or is dismissed by the Board. If the Nursery Supervisor resigns, he or she is asked to give at least two weeks written notice. If he or she is dismissed by the Board, the Board shall exercise its discretion in regard to length of notice and severance pay.
Please send letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated June 2021