From the UUCC ad hoc COVID 19 Reopening Committee to the Congregation:
After deliberation and consideration of the current CDC and Department of Health guidelines regarding the use of mask in indoor setting, the ad hoc COVID reopening committee has modified our masking policy and made the following recommendations:
– Masking inside the sanctuary and the building will be OPTIONAL, with the following “what ifs”;
– We recommend that everybody who is eligible gets the COVID 19 vaccine and booster/s. You can go to this link to find out where vaccines are available, but most pharmacies have them at this point.
– The choir and the congregants who are singing will be masked during songs as this seems to be the standard of care in most places. If you plan to join in singing hymns, please bring a mask to wear while you sing.
– If the transmission risk in the community increases and the guidance from the public health experts change, we may require that mask be worn indoors at all times again
– Continue to observe general precautions like staying home if you think you are sick and using the online service streaming.
– We recommend that people with specific high risk conditions or who are not vaccinated (i.e. children ages 2-5) should continue to wear mask for the safety of themselves and those around them
We have decided to open the building for rentals. The organizations that rent our space should adhere to the current health and safety guidelines in place at the time of the renting.
Ad Hoc Reopening Committee.
Emilio V. Perez-Jorge, MD, FACP
Lexington Infectious Diseases
West Columbia, SC 29169