From the UUCC ad hoc COVID 19 Reopening Committee to the Congregation:
Effective July 3, 2022
Given the current ongoing community transmission in Richland County and based on recommendations from the Health Department if the COVID 19 community levels are HIGH, the Reopening/COVID committee has made the following changes and recommendations regarding the mask policy:
- While masking is optional, we strongly recommend that masks are worn inside the sanctuary by persons 2 years and older
- This recommendation applies especially to people who are not fully vaccinated, or that have health conditions that put them at risk for complications of COVID 19 infection
- Any singing will continue to require that masks be worn
- No need to wear a mask outside the building
- Please abstain from attending in person services if you have recently had COVID infection or if you have been exposed to someone with COVID (until cleared by your physician)
- Notify the UUCC administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you were diagnosed with COVID infection shortly after attending an event in the UUCC buildings. Names of affected persons will remain confidential.
Ad Hoc Reopening Committee.
Emilio V. Perez-Jorge, MD, FACP
Lexington Infectious Diseases
West Columbia, SC 29169