Governance and Organization
The Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Columbia is a self-governing, democratic congregation of Members that are governed by congregational Bylaws. The Congregation gathers for its annual meeting each year in late spring.
The Board of Trustees, our elected leaders, represents the Congregation and conducts its business, subject to the authority granted under its Bylaws. The Board governs through Board policies and acts on behalf of the Congregation’s mission.
The main issues of governance are reserved for the Congregation including approving church Bylaws, electing the Board of Trustees, adopting the Church budget, and the call of a Minister. The Congregation also elects members to serve on its committees:
Board of Trustees
A policymaking Board, through planning, responsible management of resources, adopting policies, establishing committee expectations and monitoring performance, governs the UUCC.
The Board holds its business meetings on the third Wednesday of each month at 6:30PM in the Social Hall. Members and friends are welcome to attend.
Bylaws revised June 7, 2015
UUCC Policy Manual 2016
- POLICY ON POLICIES
- POLICY ON SHARE THE PLATE
- POLICY ON UUCC NEWSLETTER
- POLICY ON CHURCH-SPONSORED EVENTS
- POLICY ON FUNDRAISERS
- FINANCIAL POLICIES & PROCEDURES MANUAL
- SAFE CONGREGATION POLICIES & PROCEDURES. includes Disruptive Behavior.
- SAFETY POLICIES & PROCEDURES FOR CHILDREN & YOUTH SERVED
Annual Meeting Minutes
- 2014 Annual Meeting Minutes
- 2013 Annual Meeting Minutes
- 2015 Annual Report
- 2014 Annual Report
- Master Landscape Plan
- Report of the Facility Assessment Task Force. June 2015