Our Mission and Vision
The mission of the UUCC is to nurture and respect each other in our spiritual growth and pursuit of meaning and to create a welcoming and engaging environment through which we work for positive change in the community and the world.
The Way We Are With Each Other
- We will make ours a positive, welcoming environment — one that includes the diverse perspectives of our spiritual community and builds a sense of connectedness.
- We will practice direct communication in all facets of UUCC life, using the power of our words to work toward solutions rather than additional problems.
- We will refrain from spreading hearsay.
- We will nurture each other’s spiritual and personal growth by entering into conversations and interactions with compassion, deep listening, and respect for differences of opinion without judgment.
- We will value and express appreciation for each contribution, whether it is time, money or effort.
- We will acknowledge conflicts, address them openly and honestly, and resolve them as close to their source as possible, using mediation if necessary.
- We will practice forgiving each other and ourselves.